.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Music Memories + Songs

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

The Sinatra I did enjoy watching on TV

I did allow that I'd listened to NANCY
Sinatra (NOT Frank!) on the radio singing
"These Boots Are Made for Walking."

Of course, I'd much more enjoyed
WATCHING Nancy on the TV -- with that
long blonde hair and that mini-skirt
up to her behind and those big boots,
she was hot.

Another co-worker knew the song from
watching the movie FULL METAL JACKET
but didn't know it'd been sung by
Nancy Sinatra.

"Too bad," I told him. "You would've
really enjoyed watching her in those
boots."

He would have, too -- he's the type to
be begging her to walk all over him in
those boots. I'd advised him to look
for a video of Nancy singing and
dancing to it. Hopefully some of that
was recorded.

That was Nancy's only big hit. She did
sing a duet of a haunting song. I don't
remember the name of the man she sang
it with or the song, although some of
the lyrics still play in the back of
my mind.

I'd forgotten that song until I heard
it played by Little Steven on his
Underground Garage Radio Show, which
I listen to every Sunday night.

More about that later.

Travel Brochures

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home