.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Music Memories + Songs

Saturday, August 01, 2009

On weight loss pills

One month ago today, I weighed myself for the first time in years and was disgusted by the result. I measured my waist and thigh, and was again disgusted with myself. For over a year I've paid little attention to how I eat and I exercised only sporadically. So I got down to business. The Zone Diet. Yes, I took some weight loss pills, but concentrated on nutrition. Plus every morning I do the magnificent 7 exercises in Matt Furey's Combat Abs book. Plus three times a week I did uphill sprints -- well, I ran uphill and sprinted a little, but I'm in bad enough shape that going uphill always felt like I was sprinting. Today I'm 10 pounds lighter and my waist is two inches smaller. Not dramatic, but good healthy progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home