.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Music Memories + Songs

Sunday, December 06, 2009

On lighting fixture

I'm listening to a 4 CD set of the Grateful Dead in concert in England back in 1972. I'm glad I didn't buy it -- I get my CDs at the local library, so I can hear a lot of variety at no charge, just the short drive there and back. I was never a big Deadhead. I liked their first album, but their second one Anthem of the Sun was a long rambling acid party soundtrack and just didn't make sense. They did some good songs after that, such as One Toke over the Line, but I just never got deep into them the way I did so many other groups and artists back then. This concert is okay, but just okay, so after I'm done with the first playing I won't waste time on it again. It's more interesting than a lighting fixtures but so far I've heard nothing to thrill me. Maybe it'd be different if I'd heard them while on acid. Maybe not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home