.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Music Memories + Songs

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

On CLA

I'm going to The Philippines soon and I'm been wondering something. I know that American beef and pork and egg yolks can contain arachadonic acid, and this is a very bad thing. But I've also heard that grass-fed cattle, hogs and chickens give meat and eggs high in Omega-3 fats. US animals aren't grass fed anymore. Philippines animals are, at least the ones from local farmers. I don't know whether or not they have any large feed lots similar to US mass production farming. It's good to eat higher amounts of Omega-3 fat, but would I still be eating too much arachadonic acid? Now I learn that grass fed animals have a lot of CLA which is also a healthy fat. So I'm thinking that when I get there it will be good to eat the meat and egg yolks that I avoid here in the US.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home