.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Music Memories + Songs

Monday, October 25, 2010

On build muscle fast

I have to admit I'm not much attracted to the whole idea of bodybuilding for appearance, but I am for strength. I'm not obsessed with the desire to build muscle fast. I have tended to take my muscles and strength for granted. I got them largely from being a swimmer when I was a kid. I went to the workouts because I was on the team. I was on the team because it was a lot of fun. But as a side result, I got pretty strong. Like other swimmers, I am stronger than I look. In the 8th grade we had to take a test in gym class of how many pullups we could do -- pull ups, not chin ups, which are much easier. With pull ups, you hold your hands so your palms face away from you, not toward you -- and I did 8 without stopping, even though much stronger guys on the football team could only do 1 or zero. As I continued, my gym teacher looked at me and said, "swimmer -- you must be a swimmer."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home